Migrate from DS720+ to DS1522+

amarokWPcom

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
Is it a adequate way for migration from DS720+ (2 x 10TB) to DS1522+ (4vx 10TB + 1 x 2TB SSD) under the following criteria:

• I want to keep my Synology Photo face recognition
  • I want to change to Raid 6
  • I want to be able to enter my NAS without interruption.
My plan:

• I just do HDD migration with my 2 10TB add then the 2 new 10TB and 2TB SSD to the new DS1522+
  • I change from Raid1 to Raid5 and after to Raid6?
  • How do I migrate the 2 M.2 SSD? Just turn the old one off and put them in the new one?

RichardB

Benutzer
Sehr erfahren
Punkte für Reaktionen
I just do HDD migration with my 2 10TB add then the 2 new 10TB and 2TB SSD to the new DS1522+
Exactly.
I change from Raid1 to Raid5 and after to Raid6?
Will work if you first install a new 10TB and go to RAID5 and then the second and expand to RAID6. But it should be possible to do this in one go, install both and go straight to RAID6.
How do I migrate the 2 M.2 SSD? Just turn the old one off and put them in the new one?
I can't say for sure. Do you mean the two Samsung SSD 980 250GB and are they running as a cache or as a volume?

By the way: Do you have a backup?

amarokWPcom

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
I have complete backup on Backblaze. Thanks for the question :)

The two Caches I will check the mode and maybe just turn them off in DSM
Samsung SSD 980 250GB

Zuletzt bearbeitet von einem Moderator:

Kaffeautomat

Wenn du das Forum hilfreich findest oder uns unterstützen möchtest, dann gib uns doch einfach einen Kaffee aus.

Als Dankeschön schalten wir deinen Account werbefrei.

:coffee:

Hier gehts zum Kaffeeautomat 

AdBlocker gefunden!

Du bist nicht hier, um Support für Adblocker zu erhalten. Dein Adblocker funktioniert bereits ;-)

Klar machen Adblocker einen guten Job, aber sie blockieren auch nützliche Funktionen.

Das Forum wird mit hohem technischen, zeitlichen und finanziellen Aufwand kostenfrei zur Verfügung gestellt. Wir zeigen keine offensive Werbung und bemühen uns um eine dezente Integration.

Bitte unterstütze dieses Forum, in dem du deinen Adblocker für diese Seite deaktivierst.

Du kannst uns auch über unseren Kaffeautomat einen Kaffe ausgeben oder ein PUR Abo abschließen und das Forum so werbefrei nutzen.

Vielen Dank für Deine Unterstützung!