Mail Staion POP3

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

levante

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi to everyone

I'm so sorry to not know german language so i'm writing in inglish. My name is Andrea and i'm Italian.

I'm writing here because a have a big trouble with Mail Station and Syology support is not so efficent.... :( Please help me guys.

I use mail station in many offices and i use pop3 to download email and after client in imap with outlook 2016. Everything works great until some days ago....

I don't know why but i have to restart periodically mailstation service to download email otherwise everything in mail staion goes wrong and nothing appens.

Noboby has been to say to me how to see mail station LOGS. Is it possible that is so difficult?

Please help me, i know german people are very professional on job all over the world (soccer we are better :p)

Thank you so mutch and please sorry for my intrusion and bad english

Andrea

Puppetmaster

Benutzer
Sehr erfahren
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hi Andrea

till you wanted to tell us italian soccer players are better than german I actually wanted to give you some hints, but now: no way! :mad:

Hey, just kidding! ;)

Could you tell us first of all which DSM version and MailStation version you are using?
The behaviour of MailStation to "forget" to check POP3 accounts is not a new story. But since DSM 5.2(?) that wasn't an issue any more.

Problem was that the fetchmail daemon stopt working (whyever) and had to be restarted manually. But, to say it again, for a verly long time now I never had any trouble with this again.

Fusion

Benutzer
Sehr erfahren
Punkte für Reaktionen
Welcome to the forum. :)

Did you try to re-save your settings or re-set and save your settings regarding POP3. Sometimes it happens that settings are not working correct after a DSM update although they seem to be set perfectly well.

Unfortunately there is not *one* log file since the Mail Station is just a front which uses different services in the background e.g. fetchmail. So the logs are all over the place.

levante

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
Thanks you so much for the reply.

I use DS 414 witch DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 1 and MAILSTATION is 20160707-0277.

So there i no solution to this issue? There is maybe some kind of automatic STOP/RESTART service every hour for example for minimize this problem?
One of accounts has 6 POP3 inside, maybe this is a problem? There are some limits?

I'm going crazy :(

Puppetmaster

Benutzer
Sehr erfahren
Punkte für Reaktionen
I guess you can start/stop mailstation in the scheduler. Maybe this will be a workaround for some time but cannot be a real solution.

My mailstation fetches mails from 4 accounts which, so far, is not a problem.

Did you open a ticket by now? Synology haven't give you some solutions for this yet?

levante

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
No reponse from Synology. I feel so lonely :(

And now another NAS is startin to have the same problem with MAILSTATION.......

Puppetmaster

Benutzer
Sehr erfahren
Punkte für Reaktionen
So there must have been some changes in settings or did you start some firmware updates or automatic updates?

levante

Benutzer
Punkte für Reaktionen
Everything is setting in automatic updates and i exlude that client changing something.....

Status
Für weitere Antworten geschlossen.

Kaffeautomat

Wenn du das Forum hilfreich findest oder uns unterstützen möchtest, dann gib uns doch einfach einen Kaffee aus.

Als Dankeschön schalten wir deinen Account werbefrei.

:coffee:

Hier gehts zum Kaffeeautomat 

AdBlocker gefunden!

Du bist nicht hier, um Support für Adblocker zu erhalten. Dein Adblocker funktioniert bereits ;-)

Klar machen Adblocker einen guten Job, aber sie blockieren auch nützliche Funktionen.

Das Forum wird mit hohem technischen, zeitlichen und finanziellen Aufwand kostenfrei zur Verfügung gestellt. Wir zeigen keine offensive Werbung und bemühen uns um eine dezente Integration.

Bitte unterstütze dieses Forum, in dem du deinen Adblocker für diese Seite deaktivierst.

Du kannst uns auch über unseren Kaffeautomat einen Kaffe ausgeben oder ein PUR Abo abschließen und das Forum so werbefrei nutzen.

Vielen Dank für Deine Unterstützung!